Deshaun Watson: season ending injury

SEATTLE, WA - OCTOBER 29:  Quarterback Deshaun Watson #4 of the Houston Texans rushes against the Seattle Seahawks at CenturyLink Field on October 29, 2017 in Seattle, Washington. (Photo by Jonathan Ferrey/Getty Images)

SEATTLE, WA - OCTOBER 29: Quarterback Deshaun Watson #4 of the Houston Texans rushes against the Seattle Seahawks at CenturyLink Field on October 29, 2017 in Seattle, Washington. (Photo by Jonathan Ferrey/Getty Images)

Getty Images

Getty Images

When non-contact knee injuries happen, typically a significant amount of torque or tension is applied to the ACL, causing it to snap. For Texans’ quarterback Deshaun Watson, that wasn’t the case.

An average ”read option” was the play was being run when his knee injury occurred, “he took the ball and just started to run with it and then kind of just stumbled on to the ground, but as usual he got up with a big smile on his face so nobody thought anything of it” said players on his team. Some can argue that it had occurred in there game against the Seattle Seahawks.
With the Seahawks leading Houston 27-24, Seahawks defensive end, Frank Clark jumped over Texans’ running back Lamar Miller and rolled up on Watson, who immediately grabbed his right knee on the play. Watson finished the game, without complaining about the injury afterwards, and did not get treatment for it last week. The Texans still think Watson tore the ACL on Thursday, but they are aware of and curious about the hit their quarterback absorbed Sunday.

When he fell during practice on Thursday this is when Texans trainers determined their quarterback suffered a season-ending ACL tear. Watson has decided to undergo surgery on Wednesday, November 8th, it is considered an eight to nine month recovery, per a source. Watson came back from this injury in college in five months, however doctors and physical trainers who reviewed Clark’s hit on Watson said the quarterback planted and then went to an internal rotation of his femur with stress on his knee -the makings of an ACL injury.

Hopefully, this young star quarterback’s injury will not only inspire him to get back on the field, but it will make him want to come back even stronger than before and show everyone his true potential and that he belongs in that top spot.

Lucus Spencer, Staff Writer

hey , what’s up?. I’m Lucus and here is a bit about me.

I love football and enjoy other sports as well, it’s something I really like to write/...