A Letter From Our Editors

Fellow KSS Students,

As technology plays a monumental role in our social, academic and everyday lives the Censor This! journalism program is taking the jump to an online format. The online platform will allow KSS students the opportunity to inform themselves on everyday happenings, instead of the paper based format in which students were only receiving information on a monthly basis.

The biggest advantage of this shift is that journalism students have the opportunity to write on news that is present and significant on that particular day. Real world journalism is reported as news is happening. With this in mind, Censor This! will be able to create a realistic news source for its writers and readers with the new format.

Censor This! also urges KSS students in Video Production, Film and Television and Drama classes to submit their work to be showcased on the new website.  Another advantage to the website is that all sorts of multimedia can be posted and we are not limited to just writing and pictures. With the shift to the online format we have the ability to showcase the variety of talent in our school. Artists, musicians, and photographers can submit their work into Censor This! to have the opportunity to share their talent.

On behalf of the KSS Journalism 2013/14 class, we encourage you to send in your work, read often and pass on your feedback. Welcome to the KSS Censor This! Website!

Happy readings,

Renee Berger and Callum Barbour